A UNIT OF THE GALA FOUNDATION

Monday, March 26, 2012

TO BREATHE UNDERWATER!


  • By Irving Serrano Sr


    A woman once told me a story about a dream she had. At first, I was distracted and was`nt paying attention. As she went on telling me how an apparent boat she was on sank. I started to listen closely, because I knew this woman didn't swim. She said to me; the water was cold and dark. She went on to tell me how she could here other people screaming, in the distance. As her body sank towards the bottom, she saw sharks grabbing bodies, as if it were a feeding frenzy. Though it was dark, she said she reached the bottom. So she started walking towards a light. To her understanding, this light was the way out. As she walked forward, the light seemed to move ahead of her as to light her path. She said she saw some children, floating by her and struggling in panic. She grabs them, and they too followed along behind her. She would tell me how she would look around her, and behind. But only to see darkness, and the screams in the distance. She continued walking and came out to shallow water. Bringing with her several more children. They all came out from under the cold frigid waters. Each child holding the hand of the next, onto the safety of dry land. Mind you, all the while she was repeating; " There is power in the blood of Christ "! Today, twenty eight years later. I still remember the many stories this lady taught me. This lady was my Mother. She walked with no shame of the Gospel of Christ. And at the hint of any danger, she was quick to yell out " JESUS ". Everyone has had dreams. And in dreams, it seems that all things are possible. I personally believe that this dream, my mother spoke of, was depicting the reality of what we all still face today. The sinking vessel, is the current world we living in. With the economy dropping, security all throughout the world being challenged. The darkness  and the sharks, grabbing up people, takes me to 1st Peter (5:8) Where the Apostle Paul said; " be sober and vigilant, because the enemy (Satan) Prowls around like a lion, waiting to see 
    • who, he can devour. I also look at the children, that she reached out to. Could this had been my brothers and sisters, including me? I like to think that for her, it was all the people she ever taught, or gave witness to. Either way it brings me to (Exodus 20:12) "Honour thy father and thy mother, that your days may be long upon the earth. Once again, clinging to Gods promises. (Romans 1:16) " Be not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation... On television or in dreams, you might experience an impossibility. But if you confess Jesus Christ, as your lord and Saviour. You will live the impossible, you will proclaim the impossible. Because what ever is impossible for man, is possible for God.
       May God bless you. Love always, Irving Serrano Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment