A UNIT OF THE GALA FOUNDATION

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BECAUSE OF PRAYER

 By Irving Serrano

I am pleased to share a small story with you. Though it was many years ago as a child I remember my parents would go into the living-room,and pray. With them would be my Aunt,and sometimes other elders from the Church. Despite the fact that they always prayed when they first woke up every morning, then again before going to bed in the evening. They still would get together and pray once or twice a week. Many times I would here them praying for my Brothers and Sisters, all other Family members as well. As I grew older there was a time that I went astray; meaning 'I had stopped  praying'. It wasn`t long before I stopped hanging out with my Brothers. I had a whole new crowed to hang with. I hit the streets and felt no one could tell me anything. One day I came home while my parents were in prayer; this I have seen many times. As I quietly moved through the living room. No one knew I was there. I heard my Mom, switch her prayer from one of my Brothers to me. What caught my attention was that all along she was praying with a normal voice, but when she mentioned my name; she started crying. She pleaded to God to touch my heart, to cover me with His blood, and not let me perish in my foolishness,etc. I have to admit, I felt the spirit of conviction. I felt so bad I felt responsible for making my Mom cry. I was old enough to know right from wrong, I also knew what I needed to do. I went and found myself a quiet place, I knelt down and asked God to forgive me for anything and everything I`v done. I also asked God, to comfort my Mom. And give Her piece of mind, and not worry for me. Throughout the years I have participated in many of those prayer circles. And I`v learned that a parent never let their guard down when it comes to prayer. Today I am a Father of five, I have three Granddaughters, and one Grandson. I have truly been blessed. And I can say that I have always gotten what Iv asked for thru prayer. I still follow that method of my parents. I wake every morning in Prayer, likewise when I'm going to bed. And its a real joy when I'm asked to join any group in prayer. I know that I am a living today, because of the power of prayer. I urge you today, take out a moment and re-new your relation with Christ. The enemy will even try to make you feel unworthy of prayer. Never surrender to the enemies lies. Christ wants you to come to Him, the way you are. If God wants a change in you, He will make the move in you. The most important decision you can make in your life is to accept Jesus, as your Lord and Savior. All it takes is a little prayer. God bless you. Love always, Irving Serrano

No comments:

Post a Comment