A UNIT OF THE GALA FOUNDATION

Monday, September 3, 2012

THREE BROTHERS IN A GARAGE

By Irving Serrano Sr

I often sit back and watch my Grandchildren, as they play. It seems like in their little world all is fair. All is good. In most cases, its because as children play..."they can make, or change the rules". I remember a time back in the mid sixties. While playing with my older Brother Noel, and my younger Brother Abel. We took over our Fathers garage and turned it into our very own head quarters, " Our Home Base". We would go to bed early, just to wake up at sun-rise, in order to report to base. We had the bottom half of a super market shopping cart, to use for our jeep. My Lil Brother Abel and I would often end up pushing our older Brother Noel. Each of us would take on the challenges to produce the items needed to follow up on our mission. Noel would let us know what we needed, Abel wouid document everything. Encrypted in such a way that it could only be understood by us. I would basically build, or invent the robotics, lighting system or speaker system. We were just Kids, using our imaginations. And we would spend many hours playing out these rolls. We spoke to each other through little boxes we held, answering each other, as if they really worked. Noel and I would ask the make shift computer questions, that Abel, would read out the results. This would go on for hours, then day in, and day out. All this before cell phones were invented. Much less, lap tops or Google. At times I feel we were the original Waltons, we grew up with the love of our siblings, the love and direction of two loving parents. Most importantly, two loving parents that Loved the Lord, and were never shameful to teach their young. The word of God. May God bless you. Love always, Irving Serrano Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment