A UNIT OF THE GALA FOUNDATION

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS

By Irving Serrano Sr

We`ve just passed the Memorial Day weekend. The smell of barbeque in the air. For many, it`s a time where we remember and hold tribute to our loved ones who fought in pass wars. Or loved ones who served in any one of our Armed forces. Our children feed off the happy times. For many it`s the time of year where they get to meet up with their cousins, or other family members. To visit with each other, spend the day at the beach, an amusement park, camping, fishing etc. The adults pretty much carry the weight, as to teaching their young what the specific meaning of their celebrations are truly about. Many people know and accept that Christmas is indicative of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. And many may also know that Easter, for Christian folk, is to acknowledge the Resurrection of Christ. I believe that as Christians, we share a conviction, an obligation to lead by example, everyday, and in all circumstances. In the many stories we read in our Bibles, we never see or witness anyone who put God, to the side. Goes about getting what they want, or doing what they want, then coming back to Christ, as if He (GOD) sanctioned the very thing they did. All through out the Old testament, we can see what happened to those sons that did not find favor in Gods eyes. The consequences followed accordingly. But we can also see how those that found favor in the eyes of God, were truly blessed. This is a promise that still exist today. God, does not make empty promises. Everyday that goes by, I feel I am living proof of His mercy, and also His wonderful blessings. I thank God, for my parents. The best thing they did for me, was to raise me with the ability to come to know, the God of their Fathers, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Everyday, in all I do. I encourage my children, to acknowledge and come to know the God, of their Father. We cannot live ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. This very Gospel is what our fathers lived by. This very Gospel is what will save your children. And one day, your children's children will honor you, as you honor your parents, your elders. Those that fought the good battle, and are no longer with us. I am truly blessed. Recently, I was in a quiet whisper of a prayer. When I opened my eyes, I find my 16 month old Grandson, sitting next to me, imitating me. I guess he figured;" if my Pop-pops doing it, I`ll do it too!" This reminds me of an Old passage; Instruct a Child in the way ( Gods way), when he is old he will never forget. May God bless you. Love always, Irving Serrano Sr

No comments:

Post a Comment